Sunday, May 18, 2008

Kitchen King

Today was a special day for me. For the first time since my return from UK, i took over the kitchen. Thanks to my parents, they had gone for some marriage in the morning. They gave an option for us to either go to a hotel or cook ourselves. I preferred the latter, as it was too cumbersome to go out for lunch as it was sunny. The deal was - I'll cook and my bro will wash the utensils later. Took a good 1.5 hours for cooking 2 dishes - rice & sambhar. First cut carrot and beans which took 1/2 an hr. Then cooked them along with dal & rice in separate containers. Then added all other ingredients - salt, sambhar powder, tamarind water, chilli powder, tadka etc. It turned out to be good infact! Check this out -
Well appreciated by parents when they had it for dinner. London has thought me a lot :)

No comments: