Saturday, November 7, 2009

Gone are the days


Gone are the days, when I used to wake up lazily and decide to go to college or not. Now, I don’t have much of a choice.

Gone are the days, when the school bus used to wait for me to board. Now, I miss the office bus almost every day.

Gone are the days, when I used to decide which period to bunk and calculate 75% attendance. Now, I'm sitting and calculating 9:15 mins average.

Gone are the days, when I sat and burnt the midnight oil. Now, it’s either bench or slogging day in day out.

Gone are the days, when I studied hard and got good scores and appreciations. Now, how much ever good work I do, managers find fault.

Gone are the days, when I used to check the marks and ranks of others. Now, it’s with the peer group and many would have the same rank, which they call the CRR, which can’t be checked.

Gone are the days, when I used to pay college fees and bunk classes. Now, it’s the opposite.

Gone are those days... will I ever get them back?

No comments: