Friday, December 31, 2010

The decade that was..

the first DECADE of the 21st century is going to end in a few hours from now, and as i drive back to the memory lanes, i see a lot of wonderful things that happened in and around ME..

FRIENDS from my college whom I cherish having.. my first CRUSH in college.. the SONG i sang on college day.. the NIGHT-OUTS during exam times.. the hostel MESS.. the PROXIES i put for my friends.. subjects like M2, SAS, DSP, MP etc which gave jitters.. the BYHEARTING of PROGRAMS in C and MP.. my first MOBILE with BSNL connection.. the TRIPS we had in the name of EDUCATIONAL TOURS to MANGALORE and KERALA.. going to MYSORE during semester holidays.. my first NOVEL.. visiting HORANADU, SRINGERI, HIMAVAD-GOPALASWAMY HILLS, BANDIPUR, KARWAR, GOKARNA, MURUDESHWAR, and other places with family.. the ASSIGNMENTS which prof gave.. my hard earned B.E degree..

my first RESUME.. job search in NEWSPAPERS and on INTERNET.. trip to Mt. ABU, DWARKA, PORBANDAR, AHMEDABAD and 2 JYOTIRLINGAS at NAGESHWAR and SOMANATH with grandparents.. developing interest in TOURISM and PHOTOGRAPHY.. giving INTERVIEWS at various companies.. my first JOB at INFOSYS..

FRIENDS again from my training batch.. my first SALARY.. the EXAMS during training.. the MANGALORE trip for a reunion.. the MYSORE trip where i broke my back.. my first PROJECT for a bank.. the start of SLOGGING.. my first ONSITE trip within a year of joining..

my first FLIGHT.. a new COUNTRY.. meeting many new FACES.. working along with THEM.. learnt COOKING.. travelling around LONDON, SCOTLAND and WALES.. the x-MAS vacations and later shopping on BOXING DAY.. my first high-end EARNED mobile which is still with me.. seeing SNOWFALL for the first time and WALKING on snow..

staying in PUNE for 10 months.. attending CAT coaching at IMS.. staying in a PG.. visited MUMBAI, AJANTA-ELLORA, AURANGABAD, SHIRDI, SHANI-SHINGAPUR, and 3 JYOTIRLINGAS at TRIAMBAKESHWAR, GRISHNESHWAR and BHIMASHANKAR.. the trek to HARISHCHANDRA GADH.. my first SIZZLER.. my FIGHT for getting released from project.. giving all MBA exams.. clearing NONE.. enjoying the project PARTIES..

back in BANGALORE.. put into a DEVELOPMENT project.. winning my first POWER PROGRAMMER award.. amazing TEAM.. my SECOND onsite trip to UK.. more FRIENDS who were like FAMILY.. visited uncovered places in first trip - CAMBRIDGE, BLACKPOOL, SNOWDANIA, BATH, STONEHENGE, BRISTOL and also LUCERNE, INTERLAKEN, JUNGFRAU, BERN in SWITZERLAND.. getting into BLOGGING.. winning the most SPIRITED team award.. my first PROMOTION.. getting hit by RECESSION..

travelling 3 HOURS by BUS to office back in bangalore.. my first BIKE.. trip to UDUPI.. the trek to KODACHADRI.. para-sailing in GOA.. staying in a RENTED house.. construction of our NEW HOME.. my brother going for his first ONSITE.. another ONSITE for me but this time in INDIA.. transfer to GURGAON.. cool WORK and CHICS.. covered entire DELHI.. visited MATHURA, AGRA, VARANASI, JAIPUR, AJMER, PUSHKAR, DEHRADUN, HARIDWAR, RISHIKESH, MANALI and VAISHNO DEVI.. the FUN i had in travelling.. my first RIVER RAFTING.. the start of GIRL HUNT for marriage..

got BOWLED in the first BALL.. my ENGAGEMENT and subsequent rise in my mobile BILL.. the SLEEPLESS nights.. my marriage with SOUMYA.. our trips to DARJEELING, SIKKIM, SUBRAHMANYA-DHARMASTHALA, TIRUPATI, CHENNAI, HYDERABAD.. her tender CARE.. my first LAPTOP.. finally getting RELEASED from the project after 3.5 years..

i might have MISSED out many other things though.. there also were some SAD moments, but i wish not to jot it down..

thanks to ALMIGHTY for all the things happening.. it's been a FANTASTIC decade.. hoping the same EXCITEMENT continues to the next decade..

ending the decade by WISHING ALL A HAPPY and PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR 2011 and a JOYOUS NEW DECADE!

No comments: