Thursday, July 12, 2007

Swiss trip - D1

"Switzerland.. every Indian's dream destination.. would I ever go there?".. these thoughts finally came true when I stepped on the soil(oops.. of the airport) of Switzerland on 26th May 07 ! Or should I say.. "Switzerland became pavitr once I landed there" ;) I had read in books, saw photos, but I swear - you gotto be there to experience it ! Along with me were Jyo, Avi, Jum & Arya.

On day 1, after filling our peths with some stuff, we went around Lucerne city. This has the oldest bridge - Chapel bridge, as its called. You would have seen this in some of the bollywood movies too. If you dont remember, here it is for you..





The person in the tourist information centre at Lucerne had suggested few places to go around, among them were the clock tower(4 in number). We went upto 3 of them and from there, here's what we saw. An amazing view of Lake Lucerne and the Alps.





And on our way back to Lucerne station, we passed through the crowded market. It was more like shanivar sante!




Then, we had planned to go to Interlaken. The journey from Lucerne to Interlaken Ost was one of the most memorable journey of my life. I was scared of my battery getting drained out, as each moment, each view from the train I captured was so exotic. Here are a few..







Then on reaching Interlaken, first went to Brienzersee Lake - a 1 hour walk from Ost station. It was just magnificient.


After spending quality time here, came back to Ost station, hunted for an Indian restaurant for some 1.5 hours & managed to get into one finally(in Interlaken West), though very late. In the meantime, we had missed our last bus to Beatenberg(where we had booked our bnb). So, came back to Ost again picked our luggages, hired a cab & reached AlpsHotel in Beatenberg close to midnight and crashed !
On day 2, we planned for Jungfrau... more on this in next blog..

1 comment:

Jay said...

Wow! This is indeed exotic! Welcome .... buddy ..!