Thursday, August 16, 2007

The importance of a 'seeti'

Yes, you heard it right. The importance of a seeti, or whistle to be precise. Oops.. dont get me wrong, I'm not talking about the seeti you blow when you see a girl. Neither I'm talking about the seeti when you remember a song (as in DTPH), nor the seeti when you shiver, nor when its used to call someone, nor the seeti you blow when your team wins, nor virtually anything you blow out of your lips. The seeti I'm talking about is beyond your imagination !
Actually, before I get to the point of which kind of seeti I'm going to tell, let me brief you about the seeti. As described in wiki, a seeti is a Persian woodwind instrument which produces sound from a stream of forced air. And there exists many kind of seetis - police, sports, train, steam, bird, industrial etc. My seeti of importance lies with the steam.
Making some sense..? Yes, this seeti is so very used daily that hardly we fail to recognize the importance of this. Pressure cooker ka seeti. Beleive me, without this, nothing would get cooked properly. Its such a tiny thing, but carries with it a lot of significance. Isn't it?
And in London, where cookers are not used at all, imagine the plight of desi guys who have got a cooker from India, depends on it for everything and suddenly one day, they discover that the seeti is lost (Due to misplacement, or cleaning, or whatever. The seeti is no longer available).
But thanks, there is something called a microwave. But, it can never be the substitute for a cooker.
This blog is based on a true story of guys of 322 Perth Road.

1 comment:

Jay said...

LOL!!

Understandable ..... [:)]