Saturday, December 6, 2008

Flying colors

The D-day had finally come. All the efforts spent would be shown up on that day. A whole weekend was spent on this. It was infact, the certification exam day! Dec 1 2008.

The last minute preparations started as soon as I got into the bus. I began to get nostalgic, when I remembered the ways I had taken to prepare for exams in college. This was different, though.

She also joined me in the bus, holding a bunch of one sided printed papers. Thank God, she hadn't printed those & reused the material given by her friend. She too starts her last minute preparations.

"Nothing is going in my head!", she exclaims. I get a shiver that I may also be forgetting everything at a fast rate. I told her to keep her cool and give the best she could. I was telling the same to myself.

"I studied till 3:30 in the morning today", she tells. I get a little complex, "OMG ! I slept at 10:30 PM itself", I told.

Finally we reached the bus terminal and split our ways to our buildings. We decided to catch up before leaving.

The time came soon. I left my desk after cursory last minute glance of pages, went to her building, and we rushed to the examination centre. An irony here, we were walking fast to the place where we were scared to be!

The clock struck 10 and we were let in the exam hall. I could sense the aura of examinations. People were holding booklets together and reading continuosly. When will they stop?, I thought.

The exam went off well. The last 10 mins was very crucial. I had exactly marked 11 questions which I knew were wrong for me. My brain stopped thinking and actually got diverted to those who left the exam. These 11 questions could make me or break me.

Taking God's name, I submitted the paper just a minute before the alloted time. 2 seconds passed by. Nothing was happening on screen. Phew! A screen came up showing the scores. I had passed! And the best - all those 11 questions which I marked wrong, were wrong ! An exact, on the dot pass!

She sat next to me and at the same minute, a broad smile flashed on her face. She couldn't believe she had cleared! And with a whooping percentage!

Both were far too relieved. Of all the tensions.

We exited from the exam centre with flying colors. The way back to our buildings was at ease.

No comments: