Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Rab ne...

Watched Rab ne... last Wednesday with my team. I dont want to comment on the film, but here are some points worth noticing.

* "Raaj.. Naam to suna hoga" - he doesn't seem like getting over from it. Ever since DDLJ.

* One scene where Taani tells "Thank you ji". And he tells "Mention not". - I predicted that he would tell this!

* One scene where he comes back winning after a fight with a Sumo wrestler - "Yeh sab karne ki kya zaroorat thi?" she asks - I predicted this too! Still wondering - Sahni is hardly 80 kgs & the Sumo guy definetly more than 200 kgs.. HOW?

* Sahni daily has a bath, with tap open. (I still dont know the inclusion of this scene, oops.. 3 scenes of this!)

* Sahni always carries a pendrive hanging around his neck. Never seen using it though. Was he in the accounts section as an ambassador for Compaq?

* Whereever Raaj goes his troupe follows him - Kajol, Rani, Preity, Lara. Thankfully, Arjun Rampal and Kiron Kher didn't turn up.

* A section of Amritsar is under Sahni's control for electricity. And he knows the alphabets.

* At one point, I thought Rab was infact Vinay Pathak when he mentors him!

* Also predicted that in the final dance scene, Raaj would turn out to be Sahni to dance. And we weren't wrong!

* The tagline - "Hum he rahi pyar ke.. Phir milenge.. Chalte chalte.. Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna.." looks like Raaj is obsessed with his movies.

Some unanswered questions..

* How can a teacher trust his student more than his daughter?

* How can a wife not recognize her husband?

* Why doesn't a wife tell a stranger that she's already married and not to flirt with her?

The list goes on.. but enough for now..

Overall, I enjoyed the film.

Did I say "I enjoyed the film?". No! I enjoyed the company with whom I went for the film. Working professionals at office, students elsewhere :)

All I ask Rab - Kab tu banayega meri jodi?

No comments: